Clan Of The Wroshyr Forum Index -> The Wookiee Library

Wroshyr Wiki is now online!!!

Author Thread
Bewchy
Almighty Wookiee God
Almighty Wookiee God

Wroshyr Wiki is now online!!!

Give Rusty a round of applause for doing the task of porting our DB into a Wiki website...

You can get there through http://wiki.clanofthewroshyr.com/
NGE: BH going to Smuggler soon enough

Post Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:08 am
Rustitobuck
Berserker
Berserker

And go and make yourself an account too.

Once I get a chance, "Talk" pages and a to-be-created "Clan" category will be for clan members only, and then only sysops will make accounts.

Feel free to add stuff. I'm planning on following the guidelines over at Wikipedia, so until I get more doc in place, feel free to go there and look at their style guides and stuff.
Retired Master Creature Handler
Retired Teras Kasi Master
General Layabout
Alliance Starfighter Pilot 2211

Post Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:19 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Nagorrloc
Captain of the Watch
Captain of the Watch

I actually already have an account with the SWG wiki as well. I created a login for the Wroshyr one. Ours may be a good one for creating our own guides for the game.

Rusti, do you mind if I transfer the guides I've created in our forums in the wiki?
你他妈的天下所有的人都该死

Post Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:36 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Archabyakk
Village Sage
Village Sage

Good Job Rusty! Very Happy

Post Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:57 am
Rustitobuck
Berserker
Berserker

quote:
Originally posted by Nagorrloc:
I actually already have an account with the SWG wiki as well. I created a login for the Wroshyr one. Ours may be a good one for creating our own guides for the game.

Rusti, do you mind if I transfer the guides I've created in our forums in the wiki?

No, not at all! Although I'd like to see us contribute to the SWG Wiki as well, or instead, for things that are not specific to our guild. May as well contribute to the overall effort. I'm going to help out with some of the Trader stuff over at SWG Wiki.

It's still good to have our own wiki for stories and clan lore, stuff that's very Wookiee-oriented, and stuff like that. I figure when I get the additional security in for members-only areas, folks may also wish to put stories and stuff over there.

Note that you can make interwiki links to the Star Wars Wiki or the SWG Wiki like this (in the entry for Wookiee in our Wiki):

*[[starwars:Wookiee|Wookiee]] at the Star Wars Wiki
*[[swg:Wookiee|Wookiee]] at the Star Wars Galaxies Wiki
General Layabout

Post Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:25 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Nagorrloc
Captain of the Watch
Captain of the Watch

quote:
Originally posted by Rustitobuck:
No, not at all! Although I'd like to see us contribute to the SWG Wiki as well, or instead, for things that are not specific to our guild.

I do contribute to the SWG wiki, but what I like to do is trim out the excess crap people put in those guides. I prefer my guides to get right to the point, but, I can understand not poluting the wiki with them and using what exists.

I'll withhold doing that then.
你他妈的天下所有的人都该死

Post Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:36 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marike
Captain of the Watch
Captain of the Watch

hey can we put like.. guid member bios in there? we can try to go back and revive some of the oldies bios (google might have some cashed if you search right) or for new members to put up their bios... thatd be cool too... i know some wookiees out there who spend a lot of time working on that bio Wink

awesome job on the site Smile

Post Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:39 am
Rustitobuck
Berserker
Berserker

Wikis are democratic institutions. The goal is to put what you want into them. Guidelines are really to try to get some kind of consistency.

So, if there's something you want to put in, put it in!

My priorities for Wikis run sort of like this:

1. Get the information in. Half-finished information is valuable; perhaps somebody will fill in the spaces. Disorganized information is valuable. If you see something that could be said more accurately, feel free to edit.

2. Get the information organized. Go nuts with links. Make categories. Summarize something from an external site in a useful way? Link back to it.

3. Get the information neatened up. This may be a priority for some of us, but maybe not for everybody. So if somebody goes through and cleans up typos and stuff on a page you started, don't be surprised.

My only real concern is for duplicating effort. There's no need to copy pages wholesale from SWG Wiki or Wookieepedia (yes, that's the name of the Star Wars Wiki), just go ahead and link to them. That's why I set up the interwiki links.

But yes, Nagorrloc, please put your summary tables in.

Marike, when you create an account, you get a "User" page, mine is User:Rustitobuck. That's kind of a home page, a place to put information. Many Wikis whose members are also a subject of the Wiki also put bios in the main namespace, feel free to do that as well. If you put [[Category:Clan members]] in the bio, a category will leap into being.
General Layabout

Post Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:22 pm
gryaalkrr
Sage of Freedom
Sage of Freedom

congrats rusti/bewch on finally getting this up! sorry i wasn't around/able to help out with it but i'm glad it happened all the same. i'm very proud to see all your work see the light of day, rusti.

Now point on this doll and show me where the wookiee touched you.

Post Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:06 am