Clan Of The Wroshyr Forum Index -> An Audience With the Clan

Roleplayer Exchange Program

Author Thread
Baarbar
Outsider
Outsider

Roleplayer Exchange Program

Greetings from Chimaera, Wroshyr.

I am Baarbar, formally Yospeck from the SWG forums (started up the Mos Entha RPC on Chimaera), formally Vesha Kahn of the T'Doshok pre-beta SWG, so one or two of you might know who I am already as I know I recognize a few faces here Smile

I have talked briefly with Byce and he suggested that I make a more formal post for you all to see, so here I am. I'll get on with it shall I? Smile

Recently I have begun to help setup with a friend on Chimaera a new Roleplaying project since for a number of reasons I cut my ties with Mos Entha to focus on a more plot driven association and less a community run one. While creating our plots, scenarios, events, etc. it quickly became apparent that a lot of our ideas required NPCs. For those who don't know what this term means, it's basically when you need a filler role in a plot, eg. someone RPing a bartender who gives you a clue you need to find the location of the missing Rebel, etc. It is not a full time role but can often be essential for the running of your plot. Many people have 2 accounts and use their 2nd as an NPC/Alt account for this purpose alone, unfortunately we are not in a position where we have access to that many secondary accounts.

So, this got us thinking. Why not look to other roleplayers on other servers to help us in our plots? The idea initially was just for us to make a list of people we can contact when we need a few extra hands for NPCs and who in turn we would do the same for when it was possible. However, the outcry and desperate need for NPCs is not a burden we carry alone and is no doubt something that effects every RP guild that has ever try to run an event. And so the 'Roleplayer Exchange Program' is being setup.

It will be a list of Guilds, their PA Leaders, PA Numbers and Server who want to join the list and are willing to act as NPCs for those guilds on the list, and be able to request NPCs for their own plots.

As well as giving groups the chance to make the plots/events they want to without having to worry about where they are going to find the extra bodies, this also offers up the opportunity for players to RP in different roles and do something different to the character that they play every day.

Right now the program is only just being setup (this is the first message I have wrote directly to a PA) and so the list may take a while to create. Currently working on our association website which will have a page on it dedicated to the REP. So right now I'm asking if you folks would like to be interested, if you have any questions, and whether I should contact you when things are set up to go more public.

Hope to hear from you all soon either way.
- Baarbar of Chimaera

Post Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:52 am
Bewchy
Almighty Wookiee God
Almighty Wookiee God

Can't read all the post right now cause I'm kinda in a hurry, but I just wanted to say...
OMG VESHA KAHN HIMSELF!!!

Great seeing you!
NGE: BH going to Smuggler soon enough

Post Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:10 pm
Baarbar
Outsider
Outsider

Hey Bewchy Very Happy Think the last time we spoke you had just taken over as PA Leader when Grey quit the Wroshyr. Thats a looooooong time ago, where does it all go??!

Hope to hear something from you guys on all of the above though Smile I know yer a decent bunch and all that.

/salute

Post Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:44 pm
isshraccor
Elder
Elder

I remeber your name VESHA KAHN since then the leadership structure of cotw has changed a lot here since Gray depature for the 3rd and final time as it sounds.

As of now structure is this so know

isshraccor- Elder in august it be 2 years at helm for me
Bewchy- Village sage/Wroshyr village mayor
Gryaalkrr - Sage of fredom ( in Charge of recruiting and new rucurits0
Botomba- War Sage
Byce- Wroshyr Ambassador

The 4 below my name are also on Wroshyr Council who reilf some of pressure off my back.

Under my name you sure must remeber Bewchy and Gryaalkrr and possible you might remember me.

All other old leaders you use know have gone to great Wroshyr tree into the sky.

Post Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:19 pm
Baarbar
Outsider
Outsider

Aye I remember you Ish Smile I checked over the site before I contacted anyone to see who was the PA Leader. Byce was the only one of you guys on at the time, hence me talkign to him first.

So you guys interested?

Post Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:32 am
gryaalkrr
Sage of Freedom
Sage of Freedom

greetings, former adversary. i sure do remember you, good to see you still kickin around, even if it's not as part of our enemies, or even the same server. i've started a discussion in our clan council forums, so we should have an official answer for you pretty soon.

Now point on this doll and show me where the wookiee touched you.

Post Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:36 pm
Byce
Ancient One
Ancient One

Well, we, the council of the Wroshyr, have discussed this proposition. Our answer? The Clan of the Wroshyr is at your service! We would be glad to help you with this Roleplay Exchange Program. We think it's a great idea.

Call on us when you need! Thank you for inviting us to perticipate in great idea!

Post Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:10 am
Baarbar
Outsider
Outsider

Hey thats great news guys Very Happy I've started to slowly setup our website for the association we are running (which the REP is part of) and you can find it at www.swg-ecra.com (/html/rep.html for the REP section).

What we need from you guys are:

Group: Clan of the Wroshyr
Group Contacts: Who do you want people to contact when they are interested in using you guys for a plot?
Member Count : Roughly how many members will be willing to partake in the REP? This is for when people need a high number of NPCs they can roughly work out how many of the different groups they need to talk to.
Primary Server: Starsider
Alternative Contact: Can people email/MSN/forum message you? We have our own forum board setup solely for the REP that will hopefully see some activity.

Glad yer all on board with this Smile

Post Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:52 pm
Tukkaryyk
Nursery Ring Guardian
Nursery Ring Guardian

Well since I'm not playing SWG anymore I guess I can skip that long post and say:

Ok that name came from long, long ago!

Vesha Kahn, T'Doshok, Wroshyr, what great potentiel it had... Pre-beta was the golden age of SWG Confused

*sigh*

Post Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:01 am