Clan Of The Wroshyr Forum Index -> An Audience With the Clan

Getting used to the new SWG

Author Thread
Nagorrloc
Captain of the Watch
Captain of the Watch

Getting used to the new SWG

I have a couple questions since I came back to SWG after about 8 months away.

1. What happened to weapon certifications? I had certain weapon certifications and now I can no longer determine what weapons I can use. All the weapons I have, now say I do not have the skills to use them. Also, anyone know what pistols a BH can use at the novice level?

2. Are the medical skill trees the same as old, just renamed? I want to have some healing skills while being a BH, but I would like to respec and use points in gaining skills I am working towards.

I hope this is the correct forum for these types of questions. I appreciate any help Smile
你他妈的天下所有的人都该死

Post Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marike
Captain of the Watch
Captain of the Watch

Re: Getting used to the new SWG

quote:
Originally posted by Nagorrloc:
I have a couple questions since I came back to SWG after about 8 months away.

1. What happened to weapon certifications? I had certain weapon certifications and now I can no longer determine what weapons I can use. All the weapons I have, now say I do not have the skills to use them. Also, anyone know what pistols a BH can use at the novice level?

2. Are the medical skill trees the same as old, just renamed? I want to have some healing skills while being a BH, but I would like to respec and use points in gaining skills I am working towards.

I hope this is the correct forum for these types of questions. I appreciate any help Smile

wow.. yes quite a bit has changed over combat revamp... the way weapons now work is depending on what combat level you are (yes levels now) you can use different weapons, and also in addition many weapons will require certain skills (most of these changed from old requirements)

as for healing, well.. healing was totally changed with the revamp... we had a ton of good guides on the change from my experiences on test servers, but since we were hacked... well we lost it all Sad

Post Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:55 pm
Archabyakk
Village Sage
Village Sage

1. Since CU (Combat Upgrade), they have done away with weapon certs, and now they are based on CL (Combat Level), I believe, the number in the upper left corner of your nameplate when in a group.

Post Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:59 pm
Nagorrloc
Captain of the Watch
Captain of the Watch

I hope I can find a list on the internet somewhere. Most of the sites that support SWG don't seem to be quite updated. Allakhazam is somewhat up to date, but not by a lot. At least I know how weapons work now.... hopefully I can find out what I am certified to use. Thank you Marike and Archabyakk!
你他妈的天下所有的人都该死

Post Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Archabyakk
Village Sage
Village Sage

Just check the BH tree while in-game sometime and you can see what pistol you get at Novice BH. Very Happy

Post Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:20 am